Thursday, April 28, 2011

Get Away

This month has been a long one.  The kids have been on Spring Break for a month.  It has been the longest month of my life.  It doesn't help that the oldest is at the age where everything is a question and yet no answer given is correct.  I have gotten so tired of hearing "Mom! What does...?" or "Mom! Why does...?", so annoying.  The younger two have been trying to say out of trouble but the two of them together is trouble, so they haven't been doing a very good job.  The boy is getting more violent the more time he is forced to hang out with his sisters.  I can not wait for it to go back to he and I. 

I have been feeling more and more like slipping away.  Just leaving everyone behind for a few days.  I need to recharge my battery.  Be an adult and not just a Mom.  If I knew having kids was this darn hard I would have never signed up for this.  They are all cute when they are ity bity but as soon as they get out of that cute baby stage they slowly begin to mess with you life and you head.  Ahhh kids.  I want to run away.  I wish I could kidnap Chuck and we could both run away.  Leave the blood suckers to fend for themselves.  I know I can't ever do that, but FUCK I sure do wish I could.

I think I might try and stay with my Dad this weekend.  All my friends live to far away or are busy with there kid free lives.  Maybe I can just be Liz again.  Because that's all I really want.  I want an identity that doesn't involve being a mom or a wife.  Although I am both of those, don't get me wrong.  But sometimes it would be nice to be me.  I just want a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment